In order to help our city’s most vulnerable citizens, the Mission is looking for empathetic intervention support workers who are good team players.
Positions are available in emergency services at both the men’s and women’s pavilions.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the intervention support worker is responsible for warmly greeting the homeless people who come to the Old Brewery Mission.
He assists with the integration and supervision of clients in the various programs and services offered, and intervenes in emergency and crisis situations. He is also responsible for assessing clients’ needs, ensuring their personal development, and supervising their activities in the common rooms. In matters related to client care, he acts as the liaison with other health and social services.
Finally, he ensures that meal and shower times run smoothly, attends intake meetings for new clients, and ensures the safety and well-being of clients at all times.
* The masculine is used solely to lighten the text.
- College diploma in a relevant fiend
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable around homeless people
- Strong ability to assess and intervene in a crisis situation
- Discretion and empathy
- Always on time and rarely misses work
- Knowledge of resources available for the homeless clientele
- Bilingual, French and English (oral and written)
- Positions:Possibility of on-call, part-time and full-time positions (permanent or temporary), and possibility of internal promotion.
- Schedules: Possibility of day, evening, and night shift, on weekdays and weekends.
- Salary: $12.30/hour, two salary increases/year (on-call and part-time employees receive an additional 12.4% on the gross salary), evening shift premium: $0.65/hour, and night shift premium: $0.80/hour
- Benefits: Pension fund for all employees (after one year), group insurance for positions with at least twenty (20) hours per week (after three months of continuous service), two (2) weeks of vacation for full-time positions (after one year).
- Other conditions: Unionized workplace
To apply, please fill out the form on our Careers page.