In order to help our city’s most vulnerable citizens, the Mission is looking for cooks who are good team players with strong organizational skills.
Under the supervision of the Food Services Coordinator, the cook helps to organize meal preparations efficiently, while demonstrating creativity.
- Works in collaboration with the assistant head cook on daily tasks, and is supported by the prep cook when preparing meals.
- Serves the Mission’s clients at the cafeteria counter.
- Ensures compliance with food hygiene and safety, as well as health and safety rules in the kitchen.
- Responsible for cleaning his work station and for all other related tasks.
- Professional cooking diploma (relevant experience may be considered)
- Relevant work experience
- Training in food hygiene and safety an asset
- Manual dexterity and speed
- Good physical condition
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to contribute to a safe work environment
- Positions:Possibility of on-call, part-time and full-time positions (permanent or temporary), and possibility of internal promotion.
- Schedules: Possibility of day shift, on weekdays and weekends.
- Benefits: Pension fund for all employees (after one year), group insurance for positions with at least twenty (20) hours per week (after three months of continuous service), two (2) weeks of vacation for full-time positions (after one year).
- Other conditions: Unionized workplace
To apply to be part of our team, please submit your candidacy online at indeedjobs.com/mission-old-brewery/jobs.