Recognized as a major resource for the homeless in Montreal, the Old Brewery Mission opened its doors in 1890. Our mission is to meet basic needs while finding concrete and sustainable solutions to end homelessness. We are committed to welcoming our beneficiaries with care, compassion, respect and tolerance.
In order to help the most vulnerable men and women, the Old Brewery Mission is seeking new team members who have a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our most vulnerable citizens. In collaboration with the various multidisciplinary teams, the Intervention Counsellor ensures the care, assessment and accompaniment of homeless clients through our social reintegration services.
- Conduct personalized meetings with clients;
- Evaluate the needs of clients in order to integrate them into the appropriate program;
- Develop an intervention and social reintegration plan;
- Direct the implementation of the intervention plan and ensure that its objectives are met;
- Collaborate with the various authorities of the health and social services network;
- Identify new opportunities for exiting homelessness.
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant field or relevant work experience;
- Knowledge and comfort with the issues of the homeless community such as physical and mental health issues, addictions and people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Knowledge and understanding of the underlying issues and symptoms related to mental health and addiction issues;
- Empathy, active listening and outreach skills;
- Proficiency with computer systems and word processing software
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written)
- Discretion, patience, integrity, autonomy, punctuality and diligence are essential;
- Adherence to the vision and values of the Mission – empathy, respect, professionalism and collaboration.
Multiple permanent and day positions available.
On-call opportunities (minimum availability required: every other day and one day out of two shifts per week)
Several possible work locations in the Montreal area (including the St-Laurent Campus located at 915 Clark Street and the Patricia Mackenzie Pavilion located at 1301 Maisonneuve Street E).
Between $18.66/hour and $22.27/hour;
Possibility of an evening premium of $2/hour and night premium of $3/hour.
In addition, the Old Brewery Mission is proud to offer its employees many perks!
8 hour shifts per day.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
* The masculine generic is used only to lighten the text.