In order to help our city’s most vulnerable citizens, the Mission is looking for an intervention counsellor for its intervention and social housing programs.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor and in collaboration with all Mission staff members, the intervention counsellor is responsible for the intake, assessment, integration, and monitoring of participants at the facility.
- Ensures that clients meet the objectives of the intervention plan by identifying the resources needed for them to do so.
- Monitoring the plan outlined in the participant’s file and in the social reintegration plan.
- Through observations and interventions, supports the tasks of the interdisciplinary teams with which they work.
- Identifies new opportunities for helping underprivileged individuals to escape the cycle of homelessness, in collaboration with partners in the health and social services network.
- Ensures that clients are following their life code and issues disciplinary notices when necessary.
- University degree in a relevant field or college diploma in a relevant field and three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the symptoms of mental health problems, personality disorders, and intellectual disabilities
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and underlying issues of addiction problems
- Empathy, active listening skills, understanding of the counselling approach, and ability to feel comfortable around homeless people
- Proficiency with the Internet and word processing software
- Bilingual, French and English (oral and written)
- Positions: Possibility of on-call, part-time and full-time positions (permanent or temporary), and possibility of internal promotion.
- Schedules: Possibility of day and evening shift, on weekdays and weekends.
- Benefits: Pension fund for all employees (after one year), group insurance for positions with at least twenty (20) hours per week (after three months of continuous service), two (2) weeks of vacation for full-time positions (after one year).
- Other conditions: Unionized workplace