With 2020 just around the corner, we would like to take a look at all the key accomplishments that were made possible thanks to you, our generous and committed community of donors, partners, volunteers and ambassadors. With your help, we’ve gotten one step closer to our goal of ending chronic homelessness in Montreal.
Take a look at some of the essential work you made possible in 2018-19:
- 843 men experiencing homelessness for the first time received help—80% were quickly reintegrated into the community
- 545 women were welcomed into our Patricia Mackenzie Pavilion, including 305 who were new to our services
- 461 young men and women, aged 18 to 35, received services adapted to their needs. Nearly 28% of our clients are young adults
- 260 homeless men and women received adapted psychiatric care onsite at the Old Brewery Mission
- 300 affordable, long-term housing solutions in Montreal were adapted to the needs of homeless individuals
- 298 men and women on average were welcomed each day at our Café Mission Keurig®
- 29 homeless women moved into their own apartments as part of our Voisines dans la communauté affordable housing program
- 15 women stayed at our new Maison des voisines de Lanaudière, which includes 10 units in the heart of the Plateau Mont-Royal
We’re concluding 2019 with a great deal of gratitude to all our collaborators in the fight to end homelessness. Without you, Normand may not have found a place to call home from where he reconnected with his daughter and grandchildren and France may not have gotten the help she needed to stabilise her mental health and regain her independence.