As we pass the halfway mark of our historic 2014-2020 See the End of Homelessness Major Fundraising Campaign, we are deeply grateful to you, our donors and partners, for your unprecedented support for the Old Brewery Mission’s plan to end chronic homelessness. In 2016-2017, thousands of donors, individuals and organizations answered our call by pledging a total of $31.5 million.
Here are some key accomplishments made possible because of you:
- A new street outreach program where our counsellors move outside our walls to engage chronically homeless people who may be disconnected and alienated from vital services. (Take a look at Daniel’s story on page 12.)
- Over 300 affordable housing options throughout the city—100 more than last year.
- The transformation of the Patricia Mackenzie Pavilion’s dining room into a contemporary, bright and inviting space.
- The continuation of our Women’s Services that would not exist without you, as 70% of our funding comes from private sources.
- A new kitchen, freshly renovated cafeteria and café over at our Saint-Laurent Campus, where hundreds of homeless men and women convene each day.
- A partnership with the Service de police de la Ville de Montréal, making significant steps towards increasing law enforcement’s awareness of the issues surrounding homelessness.
Through it all, our dedicated staff remained focused on providing our clients with quality services tailored to their individual needs, hopes and aspirations. We also owe them our gratitude.
As you can see, your donation has helped us to do so much more than just providing a warm meal and safe place to sleep. The Old Brewery Mission is the fastest path to permanent housing and the ongoing support needed to ensure people remain housed. Together we are helping to restore lost dignity and rebuilding lives.